Dairy Women's Network - Today's Calf, Tomorrow's Cow - Calf Expo
Waikato, Canterbury, Taranaki & Southland during June & July 2022
Get prepared and ready for the calf rearing season with SealesWinslow and AgriVantage!
Proper care and nutrition for today’s calves can set tomorrow’s cows up for a lifetime of high performance. And Natalie Hughes (SealesWinslow) and Natalie Chrystal (AgriVantage) will take you through best practice to maximise your calves' potential from day 1.
With expo stands from sectors organisations all under one roof, there will be plenty of experts in animal care and nutrition to call on for advice.
Attendees will have the opportunity to book a problem-solving appointment with Natalie Hughes or Natalie Chrystal, for any farm-specific challenges and questions.
- 9.30am Arrival and Morning tea
- 10.00am Expo Start
- 2.30pm Expo Finish
- 2.30pm-4.30pm 10-minute problem solving appointment with the experts
Attendees will receive:
- A workbook
- A bag of Calf Max Pellets 20% 20kg from SealesWinslow, valued at $30
- An AgriVantage calf shed planner
Is this event for me?
This expo is for anyone with an invested interest in raising happy and healthy calves, and in supporting their wellbeing and the wellbeing of their team during the calving season.
What topics will be covered?
- Care of the new arrival.
- Shed set up (Ventilation, Bedding, Biosecurity).
- Navel care.
- Feeding calves for lifetime performance.
- Understanding your options. Transitioning from milk to hard feed.
- Achieving liveweight gains for heifers.
Cost: $20.00 per person
Do you want to win one of four $200 SOS Business vouchers?
Register for any of our Calf Rearing Expos before 31st May and be in to win.
TARANAKI (Stratford) - Thursday 9 June - click here
WAIKATO (Matamata) - Wednesday 22 June - click here
CANTERBURY (Ashburton) - Tuesday 5 July - click here
SOUTHLAND (Invercargill) - Thursday 7 July - click here
For more infromation and to register, click here.