Adverse Weather Conditions
Flooding click here
Dry Coniditons/Drought click here
For more details click on the the resources listed to the right.
Foot & Mouth Disease (FMD)
Farmers are being reminded to be particularly stringent with their on-farm biosecurity as foot and mouth disease spreads through popular tourist destinations such as Bali and other parts of Indonesia.
- Foot and mouth disease is spreading through popular Indonesian tourist destinations including Bali.
- Don’t allow overseas visitors who have been in contact with animals onto farms for a least a week after their arrival.
- Ensure stringent on-farm biosecurity protocols are in place and adhered to.
- Do not feed uncooked food waste to pigs.
- Become familiar with the symptoms of foot and mouth disease and do not hesitate to call a vet or 0800 80 99 66.
For more information check out - MPI, Beef + Lamb NZ , DairyNZ