Collection of your personal information
During the course of dealing with you, we may collect basic personal information about you, such as your name, address and contact details. We may also collect other specific information from you relating to the information or services that you wish to obtain, where we request and you provide this to us.
Some examples of personal information we may collect from you (and when this might happen) include:
- your name, address and other contact details when you register for an event
- your name, address and other contact details when you submit an enquiry
Use of your personal information
We may hold and use personal information collected from you for the purposes set out below (or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection):
- to help us provide any of our service(s) to you and to improve these services.
- to help answer any inquiries from you about our services or other activities
- to meet our statutory and other legal obligations with respect to our services and investments.
- for any purpose to which you have specifically requested or agreed your personal information may be used.
- for any specific purpose that a law authorises, requires or permits us to use your information.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may also disclose your personal information where this is authorised by you or permitted or required by law.
We will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from loss, and from unauthorised use, access, modification, or disclosure or other misuse.
Access to or correction of your personal information
Under the Privacy Act 2020, you have the right to request access to or correction of the personal information that we hold about you. If you would like to do so, please contact us at New Zealand Rural Support Charitable Trust via the following:
Attention: Privacy Officer
New Zealand Rural Support Charitable Trust Inc
1202A Ruakiwi Road
Contact numbers: Phone 0800 787 254
If you have any concerns about our handling of your personal information, you may contact the Privacy Commissioner at https://www.privacy.org.nz/.
Terms used in this Policy
- “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual,
- “we”, “us”, and “our” refers to the Rural Support Trust, and