Freephone: 0800 787 254
Phone: (06) 329 6860
Alternatively, you may complete our contact form.
Monday, December 24, 2018
Before severe rain
· Keep an eye on weather reports and enact your plans for moving stock and supplementary feed to higher ground if needed.
· Clear gutters and drains where possible
· Have to hand a smartphone, a charger for the car, a torch, and a battery-powered radio
· Check your insurance cover details
During a flood or storm
· Keep an eye on https://www.civildefence.govt.nz/ and your regional council websites/facebook or radio station
· The safety of you, your family, and workers comes first.
· Move stock to safety, shelter and water and make sure they can't wander. Are the electric fences working?
· Turn off utilities if told to do so by authorities as it can help prevent damage to your home or community. Unplug small appliances to avoid damage from power surges.
· Do not attempt to drive or walk through floodwaters unless essential.
· Check power and phones. Report outages.
· Check dogs, poultry and pets.
· Check on neighbours - do they need help or can they help you?
· Check buildings at risk, feed stacks. · Use generators if necessary to keep pumps, refrigeration, electric fences and household appliances running. Flood pumps may need attention.
MPI Animal welfare
Categories: National, Northland, Waikato-Hauraki-Coromandel, Bay of Plenty, East Coast, Taranaki, Manawatu-Rangitikei, Ruapehu-Whanganui
Wednesday, October 24, 2018
For weekly updates to your email sign up to MPI's stakeholder update. It is for you, your farmers, and anyone interested in the eradication of Mycoplasma bovis. Sign up here and please get all your networks of farmers and rural professionals to do so too.
Categories: Bay of Plenty, East Coast, Taranaki, Manawatu-Rangitikei, Ruapehu-Whanganui, Top of the South, West Coast, North Canterbury, Mid Canterbury, South Canterbury, Otago, Southland
John Shackleton events in Stratford yesterday encouraged the audience to consider mindfulness (it's not scary) and breathing meditations to enable thoughts to be current and now. Our wiring needs to be changed so we stop thinking about things we have NO CONTROL over such as guilt over past events or anxiety about the future. After 21 days you will notice a big improvement in wellbeing.
Categories: National, Bay of Plenty, East Coast, Taranaki, Manawatu-Rangitikei, Ruapehu-Whanganui, Top of the South, West Coast, Mid Canterbury, South Canterbury, Otago
Friday, June 29, 2018
Southland Rural Support Trust backs Sam Whitelock with all 5 Ways to Wellbeing
Categories: National, Bay of Plenty, East Coast, Taranaki, Manawatu-Rangitikei, Ruapehu-Whanganui, Top of the South, West Coast, North Canterbury, Mid Canterbury, South Canterbury, Otago, Southland