If you need help or know of a rural family needing help, call us on 0800 787 254, contact us using the online form below:
Thursday, November 14, 2019
Your regional Rural Support Trust (RST) is on-hand to support farmers being affected by M. bovis.
Our services are free and confidential.
As well as someone to talk to about your concerns, we can help you navigate through the process. We have training in and experience with the M. bovis programme, and know how it works.
Whatever your experience looks like, we can help in many ways including:
Depending on the individual farming operation it can be a lengthy process, involving a number of M. bovis Programme teams and RSTs offer support throughout the process and the ability to help shift things along if they get stuck.
We are rural people, helping rural people – we are farming people who understand the challenges of rural life.
Just call 0800 787 254 (0800 RURAL HELP). There are Rural Support Trust branches all over the country. Ringing 0800 787 254 will connect you to help in your area.
Supporting Our Rural Community
0800 RURAL HELP
Categories: National, Northland, Waikato-Hauraki-Coromandel, Bay of Plenty, East Coast, Taranaki, Manawatu-Rangitikei, Ruapehu-Whanganui, Top of the South, West Coast, North Canterbury, Mid Canterbury, South Canterbury, Otago, Southland
Monday, October 21, 2019
Tuesday, September 17, 2019
Categories: National, Waikato-Hauraki-Coromandel
Sunday, March 3, 2019
Monday, December 24, 2018
Before severe rain
· Keep an eye on weather reports and enact your plans for moving stock and supplementary feed to higher ground if needed.
· Clear gutters and drains where possible
· Have to hand a smartphone, a charger for the car, a torch, and a battery-powered radio
· Check your insurance cover details
During a flood or storm
· Keep an eye on https://www.civildefence.govt.nz/ and your regional council websites/facebook or radio station
· The safety of you, your family, and workers comes first.
· Move stock to safety, shelter and water and make sure they can't wander. Are the electric fences working?
· Turn off utilities if told to do so by authorities as it can help prevent damage to your home or community. Unplug small appliances to avoid damage from power surges.
· Do not attempt to drive or walk through floodwaters unless essential.
· Check power and phones. Report outages.
· Check dogs, poultry and pets.
· Check on neighbours - do they need help or can they help you?
· Check buildings at risk, feed stacks. · Use generators if necessary to keep pumps, refrigeration, electric fences and household appliances running. Flood pumps may need attention.
MPI Animal welfare
Categories: National, Northland, Waikato-Hauraki-Coromandel, Bay of Plenty, East Coast, Taranaki, Manawatu-Rangitikei, Ruapehu-Whanganui
Wednesday, October 31, 2018
Thursday, August 30, 2018
Tuesday, May 22, 2018
Friday, January 19, 2018
You can make a donation to Waikato-Hauraki-Coromandel Rural Support Trust in the following way:
ANZ Bank 06-0317-0805560-01, ref: Donation
Please email us for a receipt.