Your regional Rural Support Trust (RST) is on-hand to support farmers being affected by M. bovis.
Our services are free and confidential.
As well as someone to talk to about your concerns, we can help you navigate through the process. We have training in and experience with the M. bovis programme, and know how it works.
Whatever your experience looks like, we can help in many ways including:
- Trained facilitators who know how the programme works, and the process involved to help you navigate though.
- Listening to your concerns and issues.
- Phone calls, texts, emails – at a time that suits you.
- Visiting and attending meetings with you.
- One on one support and wrap around support – for you, your family, and your farming team.
- Connecting – if we don’t know the answer we will help connect you to people who do.
- Peer support – connecting with other farmers that have been through the process.
- Helping you and your family access counselling services.
Depending on the individual farming operation it can be a lengthy process, involving a number of M. bovis Programme teams and RSTs offer support throughout the process and the ability to help shift things along if they get stuck.
We are rural people, helping rural people – we are farming people who understand the challenges of rural life.
Just call 0800 787 254 (0800 RURAL HELP). There are Rural Support Trust branches all over the country. Ringing 0800 787 254 will connect you to help in your area.
Supporting Our Rural Community
0800 RURAL HELP